Monday, June 22, 2009

Partners in Crime


So, I will certainly be getting back to my previous topic and in fact, have several posts in the works, but, in the mean time, I thought I would share the events of this morning. It started last night when my 3 older kids asked if they could sleep together in one room. Its so nice when they actually are enjoying each others company so we obliged. Early this morning my husband heard whispered voices coming through the heating vent and asked what they were doing. "Oh, just playing in my bedroom" was the first response. Then after about 15 minutes, the consciousness of their guilt set in and some contrite little confessors revealed their plan. They had gotten a flashlight and a screw driver out of the storage shed and hid them in Salem's bedroom. They wanted to be in the same room so when one of them woke up they were supposed to wake up the others and then they unscrewed the cover to the cold air return and actually climbed through the ductwork to the cold air return in the other bedroom. I think they've watched too many Spy Kids movies! What I thought was the most amusing was that Salem was so disappointed and said it was really boring. He was anticipating some exciting maze or something instead of just the 8 feet or so of tunnel he could actually fit into. Here he is reinstalling the cover after the confession.

2 comments:

Quinn said...

Oh my gosh! Kids get the craziest ideas. I'm glad it was boring - maybe they won't do it again real soon. I'm sure it's not the best thing to be doing - although I have no imagination of why not - just seems like it would have gotten me irritated. And you?

Franziska Patterson said...

hahaha. I think that's hilarious. What a funny idea, and how funny they tried. Those will be great memories for them in like 20 years.