Thaddeus has refused to crawl and still despises being on his stomach. I've been worried about it a little but since he can stand on his own pretty well and cruises I haven't been too concerned. I know they need to learn to crawl to get the cross-patterning down but I think he's probably going to start really crawling and walking at the same time. He has finally started getting around using this funny butt scoot. I think its actually pretty cute.
He does the sign for Daddy now too, which is super cute and says "Dada" and "Mama" and definitely seems to know what they mean. He has also done the sign for potty, as it is very easy to tell when he is having a bowel movement so when its convenient I'll take him to sit on the toilet to finish and sign potty. Its never too soon to start teaching them the connection, and as this is most likely my last baby, the concept of being diaper free is exhilarating! Mostly, he is still a super happy kid and claps his hands and says "yea" all the time, like at the end of this video.
On another note...I'm going back to school! Looks like it won't be until January but I'm still really excited. For those of you who don't know, Abe and I both need to finish our bachelor's degrees. Abe is taking his final class this fall to graduate in December and then will be working on classes to get his teaching certificate over the next few years so he can keep teaching at the private school he started for work. I have 3 English classes left and may actually add a German minor if they'll let me. I had been putting it off because with our tight budget we couldn't justify the $400 per class price tag when I wasn't planning on going to work to earn money right away. In helping get all the paperwork in order for Abe to finish his degree, I realized that with our family size we qualify for Pell grants that will actually pay for the cost of tuition. So, its back to school for me!
School is a place where I excel. I enjoy the world of the mind much more than the physical world of laundry and a dirty house, etc. and I also feel that I'm a much better student than I am parent. For me, taking classes will not only be a nice break from the typical routine but will actually remind me that I am good at some things as opposed to feeling like a failure as a parent/housekeeper. If I add the German minor it will probably take me a year to finish but if I only take the 3 English classes I should finish by next summer.
9 comments:
Gotta love my really whiny voice at the beginning of the video.
he is the cutest. I cant' believe he is so BIG. I really feel bad sometimes that I live so far away and don't get to see you very often.
I'm so glad you are going back to school. it will give you some balance and change from the routine of everyday. You'll love it.
you may find ( like I did) that you actually do BETTER at the mundane tasks because you have less time and more deadlines. LOL
That's exactly what I told Abe! (about getting more done because I"d be busier)
gotta love pell grants
Go Ren go!!
That is awesome. I would love to go back to school, for what I don't know, just to learn. I loved college and took so many classes just because. Unlike you, I hate all the papers and writing and being away from that for so long it's a big deterent.
You are a great Mom!!!
I love that scoot! What a babe! And good for both you and Abe for going back to school. I hope to make it back one of these days, but get overwhelmed with what I already have on my plate. Thanks for showing me it can be done! (I know you haven't actually shown me yet, but you will.)
Good luck with school! I'm impressed.
Post a Comment