We had pomegranates for snack time today. You can't see it very well in the photo but Simeon looked like he had some kind of pox from all the juice droplets he managed to get all over his face.
Salem got the lucky pomegranate today. Notice the perfect Y and the heart-shaped seed.
Everyone around here seems to have reached some important milestone in the last day or two:
Thaddeus showed us his first real awake smile today. Of course we haven't captured a photo of it yet.
Asher is making progress in the potty-training department. He went pee in the potty 3 times today (and only 3 times in his pants:-) ) We decided when we are at home we are just going to put big boy underwear on him so he'll notice when he goes. (Luckily, we don't have any carpet so accidents are easily cleaned up) He seems excited about it.
Simeon sounded out his first 3 letter words today. He's been learning his letters so well and seems to really enjoy them. While I was working on school today with the older kids he got a picture book out and just copied words out of it for a long time. In the afternoon I spent some time going over the letters he knows and practiced blending them with him until he could sound out some words like box, sit, pot, etc. Its so fun to see their excitement when they learn something new.
Last night Salem lost his front tooth. His other one is loose so we'll have to teach him the 2 front teeth song for Christmas this year. I love the lisp!
Kensi got all of her school done today by 1:30 this afternoon! This is huge, for me at least, because she likes to complain and procrastinate and take all day (which really makes it difficult for me to get done everything else I have to do). We've really been working on this lately. I was so proud of her!
Apart from all of that, I only have 3 more days with my mom left. We've had a good time and she's been so helpful. We played Rummicub last night, Clue and Uno the night before that. We've made lots of treats and she's cooked and cleaned and cooked and cleaned some more. We'll miss "Fanny" when she leaves.
3 comments:
I bet you've had a great time together. Tori loves to play Rummicub with her Oma Schulze too. I hope you guys got enough caught up on things that you won't feel like your ship is sinking when your mom leaves. Tell her hi too.
Fun to hear what everyone is up to. Mom's are great! I always cry like a baby when mine goes home after helping me with a new baby.
I always bawl my eyes out when my Mom leaves. I hope you have a better time than I do! I just realized someone wrote the same thing I did. Sorry to copy I swear I didn't read it before, anyway good luck.
Post a Comment