Tuesday, February 3, 2009

St. George Trip

Abe and I took a quick trip to St. George this weekend. He had to go down for work so we took advantage of it and left the older kids at home with my dad and had a bit of a get away. We visited this old pioneer home belonging to Jacob Hamblin. Abe's great grandparents had lived in this home at one point also.
We stopped and visited the cemetery where Abe's grandpa and quite a few other relatives are buried.
The nicest part of the trip was visiting Abe's Grandma, Grandma Barbara, and her husband Jack. She made us dinner and we had a nice visit. They loved having a chance to see Thaddeus and he was all smiles for them.

I sure hope I look even half this good when I am 87 years old. I think it is so cool that my kids know their great grandma as much as I knew my grandma. And she is even in the Relief Society Presidency in her ward still!

No comments: