Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Superbowl!
So, Notice in my last post that there was not a single mention of it being superbowl weekend. I soo scored in marrying a husband who cares as little about sports as I do. It really cracks me up and I try hard to bite my tongue when he feigns interest in an effort to be sociable. Now, don't get me wrong. We have nothing against sports and actually think its a really good idea to play sports for the physical activity and don't mind attending a live game now and then but we don't follow any sports or teams of any kind and I LOOOVE it! I know plenty of girls who enjoy and follow sports as well and enjoy watching them with their spouse or enjoy the girl time they get by sending their husband off with the guys to watch the game... but can I say, just one more time, how much I love that my husband doesn't watch sports! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hmmmph, my whole comment just disappeared. Anyway, we should have hung out more. Henry totally doesn't care for sports either and I love it as well. He always is sort of at a loss for words when he hangs out with all the guys, and they all talk sports and he has no clue. I love it though. We never have to waste time on watching games - unless it's Europe Cup or worldchampionship for soccer. But that's more of a patriotic thing. ;)
I'm personally loving more and more that my boys love their team! Benny will take Opa Schulze and the boys to the live games together. It is a fond memory he has from his childhood and he is passing it on. (It would be fine if he wasn't into it, but thought I'd just share how much he IS.) They all share this common interest and it gives them something to talk about/spend quality time together doing. All my boys have winter hats from our local pro team. Benny's cell phone number ends in "96" and when it rings it plays the tune "96 - alte Liebe" We even have stickers on our cars. Tyler went out the door this morning yelling "96" after putting on his hat. I am still laughing. They are a little fanatical. lol
GO LAKERS!!!!!!
I thought this post was great. Neil doesn't watch sports either and he finds it hard to find guys that don't as well. I remember on Superbowl Sunday saying shouldn't we turn it on just to see who wins, Nope, who cares. I too am so glad my husband isn't stuck to the couch a couple nights a week as many of my friends husbands. I always feel so sorry for them.
Post a Comment