Thursday, August 27, 2009

Before and After



So, every once in awhile I have to look back at where we've been to realize how far we've come. A little over a year ago the basement was just a dirt floor open carport and we had no siding on the house at all. Now, this little bench on this brick patio is my favorite relaxing spot. Its great for watching stars, looking at the mountains, reading a book, or even watching the kids as they play in the yard or jump on the tramp. And it still isn't even close to finished. We're getting ready to seed some grass in front and then imagine some window boxes on the 2 middle windows, some hanging baskets on each side of the overhang, a little wrought iron bistro table with 2 chairs over in front of the door, a few half barrels and some cool ceramic pots with beautiful scented flowers in them...are you getting the vision? I have a tiny lilac start planted off to one side and a wild rose on the other. I want to plant a mock orange as well and make it into a little scent garden where I can just sit and inhale all those intoxicating fragrances.

I'm already excited for spring again but I've got to wait through the entire winter. Sometimes things just take much longer than I would like.

3 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

I'd like to see more pictures - like of all the inside rooms, and the house from all its sides etc. More pictures please...

Robyn said...

Your little cabin looks SOOOO good Reni. What a TON of work you guys have done.

Serenity Rachel said...

Okay Fran, more pictures coming soon...but seriously, it will be a few days so I can get it more presentable.