Thursday, August 27, 2009

Then and now...



Abe and I celebrated our 11th anniversary and it was one of the best we've had. We didn't even go overnight because Thaddeus still nurses quite a bit but we did spread out the celebration over 2 days. On Friday night we went to dinner and saw the Time Traveler's Wife. It was entertaining and a nice love story; I still need to read the book. Then on Saturday, we dropped the kids off in PG where Abe's brother and his wife watched the kids for the day. We went to the rec center where Abe taught me to play raquetball and then we swam in the pool for awhile. I love swimming and just floating on my back and relaxing but when you always have small children with you I'm always helping/holding them so it was nice to actually swim instead of just supervise. Then we had a fabulous lunch at a local Mexican restaurant, after which we spread out a blanket under a nice shade tree at the park and napped, and talked, and cuddled for a few hours. It was great! Check out those photos! Can you believe how much 11 years can age a person? What is a scary thought is that in another 11 years Kensi will be 21, which is how old I was when Abe and I got engaged. Its strange how some days it can seem like we've been married an eternity already and other days it seems like we were just married yesterday so how on earth can we have a 10 year old as well as 4 other kids? Some days I worry I'll wake up and be in my 80's and wonder what I did with my life. How can it go by so fast?

5 comments:

Henry said...

has it really been 11 years? I remember being over at...someone's house, just before you got married, and you showed us your wedding dress etc. (us is me and Meike, I think). It was after a game night. Wow, seems like forever ago. Well, congrats on having made it so far, and being a great couple, and raising an awesome family.

Serenity Rachel said...

Yea, I remember that night. It was in Pleasant Grove at my in-law's house. I know, its weird because my parents separated after 12 years of marriage

Franziska Patterson said...

Well, don't follow your parents' example. I actually just looked at the picture again, and thought you guys don't even look different except for Abe having more stylish glasses now...It's crazy how time flies. I feel like I got married yesterday, but at the same time it feels like forever ago.

Robyn said...

What cuties you two are. Happy Anniversary!

Quinn said...

Happy Anniversary. I agree with Franzi, you guys look like you've barely aged. What a great day you had.