Pretty self-explanatory. He's been taking steps for awhile but never when I was able to catch it on camera. I can't believe he'll be a year old this month. We're pretty sure he's our last one so its a bit sad thinking there won't be a baby around anymore. If anyone feels like sharing...how did you know you were done having kids? I know 5 is a lot but for some reason its still hard for me to think I won't be having anymore (even though in some ways its exciting to think about getting out of the baby phase and getting my body back, etc)
3 comments:
Congrats on having a walker (exciting but also poses new challenges!) I have no advice on the being done with kids part (obviously), but I imagine there are some things to look forward to (being done with morning sickness and night feedings for instance). I almost feel like we have to relearn a lot of the baby stuff.
Hmmmm, when to know you are done??? Baby's are great, but the terrible two's are REALLY terrible and for me, the thought of having to go through this stage again - fighting to get him in the car seat, to get him out of his pajamas in the morning and back into them in the evening and fighting to get him to put food in his mouth, or pee on the toilet and on and on and on, really makes me think, I am ready for having kids that are starting to be independent and all kids can dress themselves and feed themselves and FHE might someday not be such a fight to get all the really little ones to sit still even for two minutes. I can just see it, and I CAN'T see me pregnant again, I can hold another baby and not even think about wanting another one. But sometimes I think it is just good to call it good, even if you WANT another one. For whatever reason, I've had a couple of conversations this week with people who come from big families and who don't feel like they got enough attention being some of the youngest. And a conversation with a lady who went to a psychologist to have her child checked for ADS (she has 4) and doctor asked her if she is able to give all of her children equal attention? He said, the child doesn't have ADS, he just wants more of her attention. Some things to think abou. Love ya!
Congrats little Thaddy! Sophia can walk technically, I guess, she's just too chicken to actually do it. As for being done, I obviously don't have much advice. I always figured that I need to be able to take care of my kids financially, emotionally, mentally, spiritually. Whenever I can't cover those needs anymore for one more child, I figure it's time to quit. Tricky.
Good luck.
Post a Comment