Thursday, October 8, 2009

I am so dead!

So, I stopped to get a few things on my way home from parent teacher conference (that went well, by the way, Kensi reads at an 8th grade level and Simeon has a girlfriend) and I ended up bringing these home. Two kids were trying to give them away in front of the store. They said their aunt found them in the middle of the road a few weeks ago and brought them home and nursed them back to health and that they were litter-trained already, etc. If I'd had any kids with me I probably would have resisted their begging but as I was alone and actually had the chance to hold them myself I was doomed. I knew the kids would be so excited when I brought them in and Abe's gone until tomorrow night so I knew we'd have at least a day to enjoy them before I have to try and justify myself and plead my case. Be prepared, I may be giving away some kittens in a few days. :-)

9 comments:

Kylee said...

No wonder Simeon doesn't care about friends, he's got a girlfriend! So cute!

Good luck with the kittens! They are super cute.

Deborah said...

oh so cute--I'm glad you took them!
You NEED cats out there in the country--keeps down the vermin! LOL

Is Abe allergic? or just Anti-Cat?

Serenity Rachel said...

He's not allergic and he isn't anti-cat...he is anti indoor cat and anti getting too many animals too fast and anti getting animals that we have to pay to feed and take care of (we will now have 12 pets--1 goat, 8 chickens, 1 rabbit, and 2 kitties and if we can get their shelter built we want to get 2 feeder pigs to raise over the winter)...but I'm hoping my plan of getting them all settled and cozy and the kids attached before he ever even knows will work its magic as anyone that knows him well knows...Abe is just a big softie! And we did try to get our neighbor's cat already it just wouldn't stick around so we already have a big bag of cat food still.

Deborah said...

wow I didn't know about the goat! missed that somehow! are you milking it? or will you eventually? and how are the chickens doing now that it is getting cold?

I'm glad the kids seem to be adjusting to public school. how is Kensi LIKING it? is che coping. I would think the social aspects would be a real calling card for here.

Deborah said...

uh that would be HER! LOL

Serenity Rachel said...

We just kept the goat that we had borrowed--he's a wether, so no milk. Mr. Mutton just eats the weeds. The chickens are doing great, 3 or 4 have started laying so far; we're not sure if we can keep them laying through the winter or not.

Quinn said...

You're gutsy! I think I need to do that, but that I think I want a dog. Benny is allergic to cats, so I really would be dead. However buying a dog is A LOT more complicated than bringing home a stray cat and I haven't read up on my dog owningeeees for Germany, so until I do... Kittens are so cute! Have fun with them and tell the kids hi.

Annie Leavitt said...

luv the post title. he he.
missed you this weekend, we had a great time with caleb and josh!

Serenity Rachel said...

Don't remind me Annie--If we had 2 cars I so would have been there! And I'm obviously not dead now so it worked out okay. The kitties are jumping all over me as we speak. Sooo cute and easy to take care of. Quinn--I think dogs are much harder to take care of then cats. We will probably get one of those eventually too, I mean, we've got to fill up these 2.5 acres, right?