Monday, December 15, 2008

Bottle Success!

Thaddeus had his first bottle last night. I knew I needed to try soon as I have to leave him a few days after Christmas for a few hours to attend a wedding. For some reason, after church, I was leaking a ton of milk even though he had just eaten so I decided to try the breast pump my sister had sent me. I got 2 oz. in about 2 seconds, I swear. I stuck it in the fridge and then while I was making dinner and he started screaming I had Abe give it to him. I thought we'd have to try several times to get him to take it and figure out the different sucking technique but he took it no problem and without a protest. I didn't want to make dinner, I just wanted to watch his Daddy feed him! It is a relief to know I have the option of leaving him for a bit if I need to or just want to.

3 comments:

Quinn said...

Yeah for you Reni! But if you really want to KEEP the option, then you need to use it from time to time, what he took readily today, may not be the same in two weeks. He is soo cute. Tyler has the same outfit as in this pic.

Franziska Patterson said...

yup, it's nice when they take the bottle. I practiced with Sophia again this week. She took one fine a few weeks ago, but she never really had a full bottle, so I tried again this week so we can see "The Nutcracker". It didn't go as well this time. I don't know if we'll be leaving her. But, the funniest part was, when I tried to take her a bottle for the first time, I had several bottles/nipples I was going to try. The only bottle she instantly accepted was the NUK brand - made in Germany! I had to laugh. I told my friend that sophia took that one right away. She got the same bottle, and had the same result. :)

Deborah said...

gosh, he looks HUGE compared to when I left! already!

I cocur with the consenses--you need to keep him in practice every few days--he may get more opinionated as he gets bigger!