This is what our dining area looked like at Halloween. Notice, in particular the very classy sheetrock walls--not even taped yet, and how dim the photo is because we had no ceiling lights functioning.
This is the same shot today. We did a very heavy plaster-like texture and painted an antique white with a brown glaze over it. I still have to finish the rest of the room but I'm really pleased with how it turned out.We will have a finished house one day! I have to keep telling myself that as sometimes it doesn't seem like it will ever happen.
5 comments:
The wall looks like marble from the distance. Pretty cool. You will make it Reni, keep on keeping on!
yeah, it looks really nice. I'm sure it's stressful trying to put together a house, while having 5 kids to take care off, but I think the cool thing is - you HAVE a house, and from what I understand, one that you can afford, and probably won't lose to foreclosure etc. I think you guys are doing the right thing. You may not have some mansion that's all ready and good to go, but you have a roof over you heads, and it's YOUR roof.
It looks great. Slow and steady right?! I can't wait to come and see it. Trying to find a time to head to Utah. But with all the schedule- who knows.
I really like it, Reni! Think of all the progress you've made already. It will all be worth it in the end!
wow--it turned out GORGEOUS!
how are the basement rooms coming along? ans your Dad must be there by now too. that should be of some help.
Post a Comment