Saturday, May 30, 2009

We had an end of the year pool day with Kensi's online school at the American Fork pool today. We all had a good time, especially Abe who spent the whole time changing the hose that blew, just as we were getting to the pool, and caused the car to overheat and blew coolant all over the engine. I was just glad I'd used my womanly charms (ie nagging and guilt tripping :-) ) to convince him to come with us. Otherwise we would have spent the whole morning at some mechanic's, never made it to the pool, and spent a lot more than $40 to have someone else fix it as I certainly wouldn't have had a clue. Its very handy to have a handy husband.


Salem was the only one brave enough to go down the slide. They all love to be in the water but they all hate to be splashed and none of them know how to swim yet. But that's about how I am too and I'm still not a strong swimmer. Classes are so dang expensive! I don't know how people manage to pay for so many activities but I do think they would all benefit from swimming lessons, especially since its not something I feel I can teach them very well.

School is officially over so the kids get 2 weeks off and we're actually going to go on a family camping trip next month! Then, we're just going to spend an hour each day on review so they will be ready to start public school next year. Happy start of summer vacation, all!

Oh, so does anyone else totally check out and critique all the various lovely and not so lovely bodies at a swimming pool? I found I was much more critical of someone wearing a very skimpy suit or bikini as opposed to someone wearing a more sensible suit. I mean, if they're going to try and flaunt it, shouldn't they have some IT to flaunt in the first place?

And I really found myself wishing I had some Polynesian ancestry or something because, admit it, fish-belly white is just not attractive in a swimming suit, and neither is that fake-and-bake color either.

But I am grateful for a few things, that I don't have A) hair or B) acne on my back, that I haven't started to sag in the bust or behind...yet, and that I do at least have a bust and a butt to worry about getting saggy in the future.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

like a great day! sorry about the car and Abe's miossing all the fun. did he get to the pool at all?

I loved yhour comment aobut " i they are going to launt it--shouldn't they have some IT to flaunt! LOL

I feel the same way--Like "what are they THINKIN'?-- that it looks GOOD?"

I also feel that way about heavy gals with big bellies wearing tight T-shirts that outline very graphically their shape ( or even let a bunch of muffin top flow out under the shirt--eww)

I mean--with the right clothes you can produce the ILLUSION of some "IT" instead of showing how much "IT" you DON'T have!

Franziska Patterson said...

Ok, that's so weird/interesting to me that you guys aren't good swimmers (or don't know how). I don't know why, but I know Henry told me he didn't really know how to swim until he was in college and took a class and I was stunned. I guess I just assumed everyone just knows/learns how to swim by age X.

Anyway, I was stunned to see Kensi - she looks so...OLD. Where did the time go?

As to critiquing others. I had to laugh. I don't know that I do that so much now, but I know in Utah I did when I felt that I was surrounded by Mormons and still found myself surrounded by a lot of stuff I thought was immodest. I guess I don't expect a lot from the non-Mormon crowd, but I do from the Mormons...however, I am always amazed when I see some really not skinny and not attractive women flaunting it like they're the hottest chicks out there. I'm always surprised by their courage. I'd think I wouldn't dare wearing anything like that with my figure and I look a lot better. Ha!

Well, I'm glad your bust and butt aren't sagging yet. I've never had a non-sagging bust, except for when I was 14 or something...it's been downhill from then on. Way to count your blessing!