Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Where's my Sword?

This morning around 9ish someone showed up at my door--a man from the credit union checking on our progress from our construction loan. I was in my slippers and PJs, dirty dishes everywhere, laundry piled in a few places, toys and general floor grime, etc. A disaster! I open the door, "Yes, I'm from the credit union. I talked to your husband yesterday and he said he would tell you I was coming. Did he talk to you?" Um...Obviously NOT! So I let him in to do his inspections with great embarrassment and apologies and after he left I made a phone call to my wonderful husband. I kindly reminded him that I'm not one of those people who typically has a ready-for-anyone-to-drop-by-at-anytime type of home (though I'd like to be and I'm working on it) and if he would PLEASE remember to tell me if someone is coming over. At some point in the conversation I said something to the effect of, "I'm going to have to kill you." in my most loving tone, of course. Asher was standing by and said in his very innocent 2 year old voice, "Mommy, you don't have a sword to kill Daddy." Guess I'll have to ask Santa for one. :-)

3 comments:

Quinn said...

Thanks for the post, it made me laugh - which is always good medicine.

About Ours Good One Home said...

Oh Serenity! I, too, wish I had a drop-by-anytime house, but find the people I respect the most don't. They are focused on more important things. It would seem you fall into the latter category. And you can just use your karate moves, can't you?

Franziska Patterson said...

Well, our house is spotless all the time, to say the least. We're just that good. But, I dare say the fact that we didn't have kids until now, and now only have a baby who can't move and make a mess yet, helps. I hear you though on being informed. That was pretty funny. Especially, reading that and then seeing underneath a picture of Abe feeding Thaddeus a bottle. Good thing you actually have a nice husband you'd regret swording to death, right?