Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Little Red Cabin

So, maybe I'm posting too much for my first day but I'm just experimenting. I just scanned this print picture with our new printer to see how well it would work. So, this is our house. We have a real front door in now but the exterior still looks pretty much like this. Where the tarp is hanging will be an extension to the basement. All 4 bedrooms will be down there. We're planning on doing a stucco finish with some kind of accent stonework. What do you think? What color of stucco do you think would look good? Then I'll put window boxes under all the windows to give it that European cottage feel? What do you think? Any suggestions?

10 comments:

Kylee said...

I like all of the posts, even if it's a lot for one day. :) It's good to finally have a visual for the house. Hope to see more soon.

Patience said...

I think blue for the stucco, if you are going for the euro feel. A nice deep water blue. Since you asked for opinions. It is very cute.

Mary Morris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Morris said...

Oops, just meant to fix a typo, not delete it all. Anyway, this isn't really answering your question, but just tonight I saw the movie "Nim's Island" and I decided the little girl (Abigail Breslin) looks like a young version of you. And then I saw your email--almost spooky timing. Glad you jumped on the blog-bandwagon. I was hesitant at first, but the pictures make it easier to feel connected.

Deborah said...

it's very cute! now my opinion about the colors--I love neutrals--especially with the red roof; a putty color would be fabulous.!

Gusti said...

Ren- welcome fellow blogger. I've been waiting for you to join. Love the house pics. I agree with your Mom, neutrals would be charming with the red roof and it would also spotlight the flowers in your window boxes.

Quinn said...

Yeah Reni!! Wow, you were quick too. It took me a month just to decide on a name. I should have named mine "Decisions, decisions, just can't make up my mind." Love the house, can't wait to come visit next summer.

Franziska Patterson said...

Hey Reni, I'm glad you started a blog. I was looking for your on Quinn's blog list. That house of yours seems like a crazy, fun, exciting project. I just can't believe you guys are doing all that with 4 kids, and being pregnant with No. 5. But then, I shouldn't feel bad - I just ran a 5k, and a 10k in my dream being 9 months pregnant. Hahaha...

We'll be having your brother-in-law over for dinner on Saturday by the way (Sam!).

Henry said...

Reni,

I want you to tell more about your little red cabin adventures. Ever since I heard you were moving into a cabin in the middle of nowhere I've been ever curious.

Henry Patterson

Robyn said...

What fun to catch up with everyone! Love your cabin, pregnant belly and seeing all the kids and hubby too! How fun to have your own place to roam around on and in! It will be fun to watch everything come together.