Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back to Life (sort of)

The Return of the Snugli! This snugli has seen the world! We hauled Kensi all over India in it, to the beaches in Oregon, I climbed the Eiffel Tower last year with Asher in it, Its been to Germany, as well as to every shopping or kid place in Utah. What would I do without it!
My Dad came to visit on Saturday to meet Grandbaby number 28!
Meet Cathy O'Bryant, my fabulous midwife! She delivered Asher as well and is awesome! For you Oregon folks, she also happens to be Charlie Sharp's sister. Isn't that a random coincidence? This was approximately her 850th delivery, plus she has 10 of her own children.

So, Abe had to go back to work today so I have to pretend I can function just a little bit. We had planned on my Mom being here by the time the baby came so he didn't take off too much time but she won't get here until this Saturday. It won't be so bad. Abe only has to work a half day today, a full day tomorrow, he'll be home Thursday, and then works a half day on Friday and then my mom gets here. The ward has been bringing us dinners. That's always nice. It actually feels really strange for the baby to be here already. It was so early and the delivery was so fast and uncomplicated (although, don't let me fool you, it was NOT easy! It never is, for me anyway, but it is exhilarating once its over) I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. There is, of course, so much still to do on the house and I'm trying to figure out what I can reasonably expect to accomplish with this little grub that wants to eat every hour. He's absolutely adorable and so tiny! This is really the first little baby I've ever had. He's 2 lbs smaller than my last 2 babies and that is a HUGE difference on such a little person. All of his older siblings just adore him--which I'm guessing will last until he gets big enough to start getting into their toys and such.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

oh gosh I wish I could have changed my time to come early as well! I LOVE the first week or so when they are so new.

He'll be an old hand at being alive when I get there! LOL

you look good and so does he!

Patience said...

We wish we could come too. The guys are all asking when they get to see their cousins. I know you will enjoy that little guy. Any word on the middle name??