Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My new addiction!


So, I'm sitting here in my fleeciest of fleece PJs (yes I realize its after 1:00 but do you know how cold it would be to change?) with a thick wool gray sweater on, wool socks and slippers, with the space heater right at my feet (my kids, of course, are playing outside without coats on and don't seem to notice the temperature too much) and CRAVING these little chocolate covered fruit pieces from Dilletante chocolates. Its all my Dad's fault. He has to bring all kinds of treats to our monthly family dinners. I would never buy these just to try, especially as I typically abhor chocolate covered fruits. They're usually really waxy, poor quality chocolate and frankly disgusting. These are heavenly! I brought home a sandwich baggies of M & Ms from the dinner for my kids to snack on and realized there were still a few of these gems in the bag. After digging out the remaining 5 or 6 out of the bag I sit here completely dissatisfied. I want MORE! This pictured mix just has berries in it. The one we had had apricots and cherries and I think even pomegranate. Of course, I shouldn't be eating any of these at all right now. Perfect way to have a fat baby (and a fat momma for that matter!) But what else should I be doing right now? Its too cold to actually DO anything. Like, take care of the box of awesome pears Aunt Pat gave us the other day that are so yummy but we'll never be able to eat all of them fresh...or assemble the rest of these cabinets/drawers from IKEA to finish the kitchen...or do some laundry which would entail going down the (non)stairs to the even colder basement. I'll just sit here and shiver and dream...Yum!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

ya know what they say about addictive things--
"one is too many and a hundred isn't enough!" LOL

Patience said...

I love the chocolate covered cherries at Starbucks. I know you would never find yourself there but OMG. And the biggest problem is that they are $9 for a tiny bag. So if and when I get them I try to make them last-never happens. They are gone it about 5 mins.