Saturday, October 4, 2008

Double Oven Installed!



I'm so excited, Abe installed the double oven today! You can get an idea of what part of the kitchen is going to look like. We got the double oven for $30 off of KSL (the local online classifieds) and it works like a charm! At IKEA, the cheapest double oven cabinet was in the $400 range and I had this idea of having it concealed anyway to keep the old world/antique look going. We got this armoire for $200, again off of KSL, took the back off, and built the shelves to the side for cookie sheets etc. I say we, but I really mean Abe. I come up with the ideas (and they are never simple) and he's the slave laborer who carries them out. Didn't he do a good job? You can also see part of the antique hoosier type cabinet that is next to it. Please tell me what you think. Sorry the pictures are kind of small, we took them with Abe's camera phone so they aren't the best.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

I think it's fantastic. right up my alley and gorgeous to boot. where do the doors go? do they slide into the sides? can't tell from the pictures.

Precia said...

SO cute! I love your creativeness. It looks like it is out of a magazine!

Robyn said...

It turned out really, really good Reni! When you described it before I couldn't quite envision it, but it's really great. Too smart. (Don't you just love KSL around here, I think every piece of furniture in my house is from it!)

Quinn said...

Too cool, I didn't even know they made double ovens. Never heard of them and never seen them either. I LOVE the look. Way to go ABE for helping Reni realize her dreams. Can't wait to see you all!

Leanne said...

I like that you hid it in the cabinet for the "old world look" totally works.